The Medeco XT Safe Lock is a direct replacement for physical security devices that utilize standard mechanical dial combination locks or digital keypad locks. The Medeco XT Safe Lock includes a Reader with Key Port mounted on the outside of the safe door, and is available in one of three XT lock configurations designed to meet a variety of retrofit needs: Deadbolt, Spring Bolt and Swing Bolt.
Once installed, the Medeco XT Safe Lock will remain in a typically "locked" state securing the safe or other physical security device. To access the safe, a Medeco XT Key is programmed via the Medeco XT Web Manager software system to only open a specific XT Safe Lock and the key is issued to a specific User. The User inserts the XT Key into the Key Port on the exterior Reader. Power is supplied by the key to the Lock and authentication is initiated with a secure process over the interface communications cable.
An LED provides visual feedback to the User on the current state of the lock. If the Safe PCB and XT Key are in agreement that access is granted, the Lock will allow the User to rotate the key to unlock the lock. If the XT Key is not authorized, the User will be prevented from unlocking the safe lock.
- Retrofits to existing mechanical/electronic safe lock door prep
- Banking Modes include; Normal, Time Delay & Dual Authentication
- Lock housings are available in three bolt configurations:
- Deadbolt with drive spline
- Spring bolt with drive spline
- Swing bolt (wire only)
- All power to operate the lock is provided by the XT key (purchase separately)
- Reader and lock connect over four-wire interface cable
- All electronics are secure inside the lock
- CR2 battery in reader provides power to LED
The single color (green) LED feedback included indications for:
- Authorized Access
- Countdown status for time-delay mode
- Prompting for additional XT Key when lock is in Dual-Authentication mode
- Designed to meet UL 2058 Type 1 Standard
Click here to download the XT Safe Lock Installation Instructions & User Guide
Download our latest: